Thursday, December 29, 2011

Who Won the Battle Against Dry Hair?


If your hair feels like straw, it may be time to give it some extra TLC with a deep conditioning treatment. Nelson Chan, celebrity stylist and owner of the Nelson J salon in Beverly Hills, Calif., recommends looking for a protein-based product if your wholesale hair extensions is fine or prone to breakage, and a moisture-based product if your hair is thick or coarse. We had women of all hair types test an appropriate deep conditioner for two weeks. Check out their results.
Phyto Phytocitrus Vital Radiance Mask , $38 "I was pleasantly surprised with the results this product gave me. After the first use, the mask left my semi-wavy hair smoother and softer. After blow-drying, my hair was less frizzy and seemed sleeker. The texture of the mask was light and fluffy, so I was surprised that it conditioned so deeply. There was no coated, heavy, post-mask feeling at all. The only downside was that I didn't notice further improvement in softness or smoothness with continued use." -- Patti (Medium/Damaged Hair) Frederic Fekkai Protein Rx Reparative Treatment Mask , $28.50 "I used this hair mask for two weeks and loved it. The first use made my & manageable and shiny and soft, but not greasy. I have fine hair and it didn't make it limp at all -- it actually made it feel fuller! I washed my hair the next day and I didn't even need to condition after shampooing. I used it again later in the week and had the same results. After two full weeks my hair felt much improved. I would recommend this mask to anyone -- especially those with color treated and dry hair." -- Bridget (Fine/Healthy Hair) Joico K-PAK Liquid Reconstructor for Fine Hair , $19.95 "This spray claims to 'reconstruct' the quality of hair. It made mine feel softer, silkier and easier to detangle. My style didn't hold well when I used the product, but it didn't make my hair limp or heavy either.
I cut my hair into a chin-length bob since I started using this, so now I get best results when I apply it only on my ends (which can get frizzy), to keep them shiny and smooth." -- Tiffany (Fine/Damaged Hair) Neutrogena Triple Moisture Deep Recovery Hair Mask , $6.99 "The difference in my hair after using this was subtle, but noticeable. The directions only call for once-weekly application, so more extended usage would undoubtedly lead to more dramatic results. After the first use, my hair was softer and had a more glossy finish. My hair is naturally wavy and I use a hot iron daily so I was hoping to find a product that would help repair heat damage.
I can't say I noticed improvement in split ends, but the overall difference in texture and ease of styling met my expectations." -- Jennifer (Medium/Healthy Hair) Pantene Pro-V Restoratives Time Renewal Mask , $6.19 "I used this three times over 10 days on my thick, naturally curly hair. After, I noticed that while my hair was extremely soft and shiny, it appeared to have lost some of the volume and natural bounce. I usually wash my hair every other day, but my strands looked greasier than normal on day two. It was also a challenge to open the container, scoop out the product, and try to replace the lid with one hand before water fell into it." -- Lila (Thick/Healthy Hair) Garnier Fructis Sleekwholesale hair extensions Shine Fortifying Deep Conditioner , $5.49 "After one use, my hair was softer and shinier, but not easier to detangle than with my regular Pureology conditioner.

The biggest difference came with styling. After blow-drying and straightening, my hair showed improvement in shine and smoothness -- and results lasted until the next shampoo. If I let my hair air dry, the results only lasted a day or two. The best thing about this mask was that although it felt heavy in the shower, once it was rinsed off, my hair felt light and smooth. On the downside, there was no noticeable improvement with continued use." -- Tatia (Thick/Damaged Hair) L'Oreal Vive Pro Smooth Intense Conditioning Treatment , $4.99 "This mask made my best remy hair extensions feel light and silky even after blow-drying. The mask left no heavy film in my hair and the improved texture seemed to last three days -- until my next washing. I tested this product through several washes and blow-dries (after getting my hair colored), and to my surprise the product was very consistent. After two weeks it continued to leave my hair feeling silky and smooth with fewer frizzes and better manageability.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...